Prohibited Items / Special Wastes
Below is a list of waste prohibited from disposal at the transfer station, however Sarpy County provides a separate drop off area at the transfer station for several of these wastes listed. For additional information, please contact the Sarpy County Environmental Services Office at 402/253-2461.
Hazardous waste from industry, business, and government are prohibited from entering the site, Contact the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality at 402/471-4210.
Special Wastes from industry, business, and government:
Defined as non-hazardous wastes which are generated from industry, business, and government.
Examples of Potential Hazardous or Special Wastes:
- Radioactive waste
- Flammable or explosive wasteCorrosive wastes
- Infectious wastes
- Pesticides and herbicides
- PCB wastes, light ballasts, dielectric fluids
- Florescent light tubes, mercury containing wastes
- Asbestos containing wastes
- Sludge's and tank sediments
- Waste contained in drums, buckets or cans
- Waste marked with placards, warnings or danger labels
- Wastes with chemical odors
- Solvents, thinners, paints or inksPetroleum contaminated wastes
- Treated railroad ties and power poles
- Industrial, process dusts, airborne wastes, powders
- Petroleum contaminated soil
Bulk Liquids (Other than household):
Bulk liquids are prohibited from disposal in the transfer station. These wastes require approval for disposal from the waste water treatment plants. Please contact the Sarpy County Environmental Services at 402/253-2461 for additional information.
Appliances (White Goods):
Waste appliances are accepted at a drop off area at the transfer station for white goods, (major appliances) a separate fee is required. Or consult the telephone book for recyclers who handle appliances for a fee. The recyclers may offer a less expensive fee for disposal.
Waste Oil and Lead Acid Batteries:
Waste oil and lead acid batteries are not accepted.
All tires are prohibited from disposal in landfills beginning September 1995. A drop off site is provided at the transfer station for an additional fee. Large loads of tires will not be accepted.