SARPY COUNTY SAFETY PROGRAM 8 HOUR CLASS
8 HOUR CLASS FOR POINT REDUCTION / LICENSE REINSTATEMENT / SPEEDING 21+ MPH OVER
The Sarpy County Safety Program provides an 8 hour course that is certified by the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles. The purpose of this program is to assist individuals with qualifying driving offenses to achieve the reinstatement of their driving privileges with the State of Nebraska. A points back class will provide people with the opportunity to have 2 points re-instated to their drivers license after successful completion of the class.
This program assists individuals eligible under these conditions:
- Under age 21 with (6) six or more points accumulated within a 12-month time frame
- Over age 21 and have fewer than 12 points and want to get a 2-point credit
- Cited for speeding 21-25 mph over the posted speed limit
- Have lost their driver's license through revocation and have been notified by the DMV to take the class
- Drivers who do not have a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) from any state
- Have received pre-approval from the County Attorney to take the class for violation of speeding over 25 mph the posted speed limit
This 8-hour training program provides the participant with a 2-point credit on his/her license. This class must be completed on a voluntary basis. If the DMV is requiring the course for reinstatement or to prevent suspension for the under age 21 point accumulation, it will not be used for the point credit. This program can only be utilized once every 5 years and the course must be completed prior to the date of violation that would assess the 12th point on the driving record.
The Sarpy County Safety Program is currently holding monthly 8-hour classes at a cost of $115 per student. For registration information, contact the Sarpy County Safety Program at 402-593-1564.
On-line registration is available at http://stop.sarpy.com. Or you may register in person at:
Sarpy County Sheriff's Office
8335 Platteview Road
Papillion, Nebraska 68046
Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding hoidays)
To register in person, you MUST bring:
1. Original citation or DMV notification
2. Original driver's license (if not revoked)
3. $115 in cash, check or credit card
For registration information, contact the Sarpy County Safety Program at 402-593-1564.
If you have further questions, you may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-593-1564.