Brightly colored tents are popping up across the county, which means Fourth of July festivities are about to begin.
If you have a noise complaint about fireworks, it is important to remember to use the county’s non-emergency number, 402-593-4111. Calling 911 for non-emergency reasons could delay an emergency call from getting through, so please know which number to use.
Officers will respond to noise complaints only after all emergency calls have been resolved.
Here are some tips from Sarpy County Emergency Communications to help you decide when to call 911.
- Call 911
To stop a crime. To report a fire. To save a life.
- Call 402-593-4111
To report anything that is not an emergency. These include fireworks noise complaints, reports of past incidents or someone using fireworks outside of approved hours.
If you are calling 911 with an emergency, be prepared to answer these questions:
- What is your current location?
- What is your phone number?
- What is happening?
When can you light fireworks?
- Bellevue – 8 a.m.-10 p.m. June 25-July 3; and 8 a.m.-midnight on July 4
- Gretna – 10 a.m.-10 p.m. June 25 -July 3; and 10 a.m.-midnight on July 4
- La Vista – 11 a.m.- 10 p.m. June 28-July 2; and 11 a.m.-11 p.m. on July 3-4
- Papillion – 8 a.m.-10 p.m. June 25-July 3; and 8 a.m.-11:59 p.m. on July 4
- Springfield – 8 a.m.-10 p.m. June 25-July 3; and 8 a.m.-midnight on July 4