Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts announced additional Direct Health Measures that affect Sarpy County. The governor also laid out what restrictions to expect should the state's percentage of hospital beds occupied by COVID-19 patients continue to increase. I encourage Sarpy residents take the following precautions:
- Wear a mask when you're in a public setting – indoors or outdoors – where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Watch your distance. Stay at least six feet from people who don't live in the same home as you. Remember to socially distance in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. If running water isn't available, use hand sanitizer
If you visit the Sarpy County Courthouse, you'll see a number of changes we've made to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including plexiglass barriers at all customer counters, touchless hand sanitizer stations throughout the building, and signs and floor markings that indicate appropriate social distancing.
Though our offices are fully open, I encourage you continue to access our services online or by calling or emailing our departments. Click here for a list of county services, phone numbers and email addresses.
Chairman, Sarpy County Board of Commissioners
Directed Health Measures: Updated Nov. 13
INDOOR GATHERINGS will be limited to 25% of rated occupancy. Groups are limited to eight people or fewer and must stay six feet apart. Social distancing is no longer a recommendation, but a requirement. Plans for reopening or expanding to 25% capacity must be submitted to and approved by the Sarpy/Cass Health Department for all locations/venues/events that hold 500 or more people. Your plan must include your expected number of guests, how the location will allow for social distancing and your sanitation plans. Submit your plans at sarpycasshealthdepartment.org
OUTDOOR GATHERINGS can remain at 100% occupancy. Groups must be eight people or fewer and six-feet social distancing must be observed. Plans for reopening or expanding to 100% capacity must be submitted to and approved by the Sarpy/Cass Health Department for all locations/venues/events that hold 500 or more people. Your plan must include your expected number of guests, how the location will allow for social distancing and your sanitation plans. Submit your plans at sarpycasshealthdepartment.org
• Elective surgeries. Inpatient procedures that can wait four weeks are longer are prohibited. Outpatient procedures are still allowed.
• Childcare. Childcare staff and volunteers must wear masks when within six feet of children for 15 minutes or longer.
• Wedding and funeral reception venues must limit parties/tables to eight individuals and stay six feet apart. Venues can continue to operate at 100% capacity. Dancing at weddings is allowed, but dancers must remain at their tables/seats.
• Public meetings. By executive order, the governor has approved board members who are quarantined to attend meetings virtually.
The Sarpy/Cass Health Department continues to recommend following the CDC's guidance to keep you and your loved ones healthy, including:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contacts. Stay 6 feet away from people who don't live in your household.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering in public settings.
- Wash your hands often. It's especially important to wash before eating or preparing food, before touching your face, after using the restroom, after leaving a public place, after handling your mask, after coughing or sneezing, after blowing your nose, after changing a diaper. After caring for someone sick, or after touching animals or pets.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
Interactive dashboard tracks COVID-19 cases in Sarpy and Cass
Sheriff’s Office will help pickup food and medication for seniors, caregivers
- Walgreens – all five Sarpy locations. (Pharmacy orders)
- Walmart – 72nd and Centennial. (Pharmacy and groceries)
- Target – 84th and Centennial. (Pharmacy and groceries)
- Baker’s – 36th & Twin Creek and 801 Galvin Road. (Pharmacy and groceries)
- Hyvee – all three Sarpy locations. (Groceries only)
- Springfield Drug – Springfield. (Pharmacy only)
- Kohlls Pharmacy – 1413 Washington Street Suite 125 and 12741 Q Street
- Tri-City Pantry – available to Papillion and La Vista residents
- Gretna Neighbors Pantry
- Bellevue Pantry
- Sarpy/Cass Health Department: https://www.sarpycasshealthdepartment.org/novel-coronavirus
- Nebraska DHHS COVID-19 Information Line: 402-552-6645
- Omaha Metro Area COVID-19 Information Line: 402-444-3400
- University of Nebraska Medical Center: https://www.unmc.edu/coronavirus/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html