Repairing or rebuilding a flooded home?

Sarpy County

Repairing or rebuilding a flooded home?

April 03, 2019

Before you begin any type of construction or repair to a home damaged in the flood, you will need to provide the following information:
1. Completed Flood Plain Development Permit Application
2. Detailed cost estimate to return your home to pre-damaged condition. The detailed cost estimate could be your insurance assessment, a contractor’s estimate or your own estimate, but it must include the items listed in the  2019 Flood Damage Assessment Packet.pdf

Please submit both the completed application and the estimate to the Sarpy County Planning and Building Department for review. You can email the documents to [email protected] or bring them to the Planning Office in the Sarpy County Courthouse. The Sarpy County Board waived all permit fees related to repairing or demolishing flood damaged structures.  However, permit fees will still apply for complete rebuilds.
Should you proceed without the necessary permits to do so, you assume any and all risks and liabilities associated with construction or repair. Sarpy County is not responsible for construction or repair it did not permit, inspect or approve.
Once we have reviewed your application and supporting materials, we will contact you to let you know whether the type of construction or repairs you would like to complete comply with Federal and County Flood Regulations. The graphic below shows the general analysis that is followed by the Planning and Building Department when making this determination.
Finally, keep in mind that every property owner’s situation is unique, and we are available to answer your questions. Please feel free to contact us at 402-593-1555 or by email at [email protected].

Flood Plain Development Permit Application.pdf
2019 Flood Damage Assessment Packet.pdf
Repair and rebuilding decision guide

Repair and rebuilding decision guide