Sarpy County voters have two new convenient locations for returning their ballots for the upcoming general election.
The Sarpy County Election Commission installed a new secure, drive-up ballot drop box in both La Vista and Springfield. There are now six drop boxes located across the county.
“Voters have been requesting ballot drop boxes closer to where they live and work, so we are excited to add the two new boxes,” said Sarpy County Election Commissioner Michelle Y. Andahl. “We now have a box in each city, as well as one here at our office.”
The six drop boxes are located at:
- NEW – La Vista Police Department parking lot
7701 S. 96th Street, La Vista
- NEW – One block south of Springfield Community Center
153 S. 1st Street, Springfield
- McKinney’s Food Center parking lot
215 Enterprise Drive, Gretna
- Bellevue Public Library Parking lot
1003 Lincoln Road, Bellevue
- Sarpy County Courthouse Campus parking lot (across the street from the Courthouse)
1248 Golden Gate Drive, Papillion
- Sarpy County Election Commission Parking lot (shares a parking lot with Jerzes Sports Bar)
501 Olson Drive, Papillion
Each drop box features multiple locking mechanisms and is secured to a cement pad, Andahl said.
The boxes are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week during the election cycle, and Election Commission employees empty the boxes each day.
In addition to ballots, voters can also use the boxes to return Early Voting Ballot Applications. Postage is not required when using the drop boxes.
For more information about the election, visit the Sarpy County Election Commission’s website: Sarpy.com/Election