Volunteer service opportunity for Veterans in Sarpy County

Sarpy County

Volunteer service opportunity for Veterans in Sarpy County

April 10, 2018

Attention Veterans in Sarpy County!

Are you looking for a way to serve your fellow Veterans? Consider a term on the Sarpy County Veterans Service Committee.

The five-member committee supports the Sarpy County Veterans Service Office by promoting the office's work and activities, encouraging Veterans and organizations to take part in community activities, and assisting the office with providing services to Veterans and their families.

Veterans Committee members are appointed by the Sarpy County Board of Commissioners to serve a five-year term. Nominees must be recommended by a Veterans Service Organization by June 1, 2018.

If you would like to be considered, contact your Veterans Service Organization's Post Commander.

To be eligible to serve, committee members must have received an Honorable Discharge or General Discharge under Honorable Conditions and provide a copy of their Form DD214 or other service separation documentation verifying active service in one of the United States Arms Services. Committee members must reside within Sarpy County during their appointed term.

All Veterans Service Organizations in Sarpy County are asked to recommend eligible Veterans from their Post/Organization willing to serve on the committee.

The committee currently meets twice a year. Members review and recommend annual budget requests for the Office and County Veterans Aid fund; oversee expenditures; support fund audits; participate in the selection of Veterans Service Office employees; support professional certification and continuing education training for employees; review office operations, work load, information security and budget expenditures; and serve on appointed committees at the request of the Committee Chairman.

To learn more about the Veterans Service Office and the Veterans Committee, visit www.Sarpy.com/Veterans or call 402-593-2203 or 402-593-2204.