Sarpy Strong Wellness Program
Sarpy County is excited to announce that we are in the initial stages of developing a wellness program. A wellness committee has been formed that will guide wellness efforts within the County.
What is an employee wellness program?
An employee wellness program should promote and support the health, safety and well-being of its employees. It may improve staff health, morale and productivity. It should encourage and support staff to make healthy lifestyle choices.
Sarpy County Wellness Incentive Program
The County Board recently approved a generous Wellness Incentive Program. The Program is open to all benefits-eligible employees and spouses of County employees enrolled in the County’s health insurance.
The Program has three components:
- Complete the Health Assessment online: https://beatahealth.com/sarpycounty/Welcome
- Complete a Health Screening, either on-site or with a medical provider
- On-site screenings will offered in March 2020
- Health screenings completed by a medical provider between May 1, 2019-April 30, 2020
- Complete two Wellness Activities
Approved Wellness Activities include:
- Track 1 “Healthy Habits” activity in Beata, the new online wellness platform
- Earn 20 wellness activity points in Beata, the new online wellness platform
- 2019 Crime Stoppers 5K run/walk
- Gym/home workouts. Must total a minimum of two workouts per week over an eight-week period for a minimum of 16 workouts in eight week. Must provide a log of these activities.
- Participation in a weight loss program
- Get a flu shot after Sept. 1, 2019. Must present proof you received the shot.
- Attend a Sarpy County lunch-and-learn event
- Attend a tobacco cessation program
- Volunteer 20 hours – Provide documentation from the Agency
Should all of the requirements be met, the employee gets to choose one of two incentives:
- Vacation leave: 12 hours of vacation leave will be credited to the employee’s vacation leave balance. In addition, if the employee’s spouse is eligible to participate and completes the HRA and biometric screening, the employee will receive an additional 8 hours of vacation leave credited to his or her vacation leave balance. Sarpy County employees who are married to other Sarpy County employees may only receive 12 hours of vacation leave each.
- Gift card: $100 gift card for the employee. $50 gift card if the spouse i on the County's health insurance and completes the Health Risk Assessment and Biometric Screening. Note: employee gift cards are taxable income.
Completed Incentive Form with proof of activities and Incentive choice are to be submitted as ONE packet. Packets will be accepted by Human Resources between April 1-30, 2020
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources at 402-593-4465.