When are permits needed?
- Any finished area inside the home that was not finished as part of the original building permit. (e.g.; finished basement or and remodel work other than painting and flooring.
- Accessory structures. (e.g.; garages, detached garages, pole barns, sheds, decks, fences, re-roofs, siding, swimming pools)
- Any commercial building, commercial addition or alteration
Where do I go to get a permit?
First determine if you are in the Sarpy County jurisdiction. Click here for map
Outside any City Extra-Territorial Limits
Sarpy County Building Department
1210 Golden Gate Drive #1240
Papillion, NE 68046
Email Building Inspector
City of Bellevue
1510 Wall Street
Bellevue, NE 68005
City of La Vista
8110 Park View Blvd
La Vista, NE 68128
City of Papillion
122 E 3rd St.
Papillion, NE 68046
City of Springfield
170 N 3rd St
Springfield, NE 68059
How long is a permit good?
What building codes are enforced in Sarpy County's Jurisdictions?
Sarpy County Building Codes (effective January 1, 2017)
- 2012 International Building Code w/ amendments
- 2012 International Residential Code w/ amendments
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
How are Permit Fees Calculated?
What are the different zoning districts?
For a more descriptive explanation see the Planning Department web page.
AG Agricultural Farming District (20+ acres)
AGD Agricultural Development District (10+ acres)
AGR Agricultural Residential District (5+ acres)
RE2 Residential Estates (2+ acres)
RE1 Residential Estates (1+ acres)
RS-100 Single Family Residential District
RS-72 Single Family Residential District
RD-50 Two Family Residential District
RG-35 General Residential District
RG-15 General Residential District
RMH Manufactured Home Residential District
BG General Business District
BGH Heavy General Business District
IL Light Industrial District
IGM General Manufacturing District
MU Mixed Use District
AP Airport District
AA Airport Approach Zone District
PD Planned Development District
PTD Planned Townhouse Development
CD Conservation Overlay District
FP Flood Plain District
What Zoning Type am I in?
Below is a list of subdivisions that are in Sarpy County Jurisdiction and the Zoning for the subdivision:
Subdivisions Zoned as Residential:
Ballena (Tiburon South) RS-72
Cedar Hollow RS-72
Cedar Ridge RS-72
Giles Ridge RS-72
Hansons Lake RD-50/FP
Harrison Woods RS-72, RD50PD & BG
Hawaiian Village RD-50/FP
Hickory Ridge RD-50
Lakeridge Estates RE1
Millard Park RS-72, RD-50PD & BG
Tiburon Patio Homes RD-50PD
Tiburon Pointe RD-50PD
Tiburon View RD-50PD
Tiburon Estates RD-50PD
Subdivisions Zoned as Commercial:
Commerce Business Centre IL
Highway Crossing IL
Hilltop Industrial Park IL
Lakeview South IL