Internal Use (Sarpy County Employees ONLY)
Transfer Records to the Records Center
- Fill out a Box Content Form for each box and place it into its corresponding box. We also encourage departments to provide content LISTS for each box ( Content List EXAMPLE ). Email [email protected] and include the number of boxes you would like transferred to the records center and any content LISTS you created. The Records Management department will submit a work order to have the boxes picked up and delivered to the Records Center.
- Please do not write on the outside of boxes.
- Folders should be placed upright so all tabs are visible.
- Do not over-pack boxes. Leave approximately 1-2 inches of empty space to allow for easy access. If additional files will be added at a later time determine the appropriate amount of space that should be left to allow for the files.
- Include only one record series per box. A record series is a group of related records that should be retained for a similar length of time.
- Send a request to [email protected] . Please include the title of the document you are requesting in the subject line and any other important information in the body of the email. A staff member will respond when the record is ready to be picked up. When requesting an entire box of records a work order will be submitted to have it delivered to your office. If you do not recieve a response within 30 minutes please contact the records department by phone. *IF you are requesting a record that belongs to another department you MUST contact that department & have them submit the request to us*
- Email [email protected] & include the number of boxes you need. The records staff will submit a work order to have the boxes delivered to you.
Permanently Remove Records
- Records may be permanently removed by submitting a formal request to [email protected] .
Request Scanning Services
- Scanning services are offered to all departments within the County at no cost. Contact the Records Management department to request services.
Dispose of Records
- The Records Management department offers annual secure shredding for records stored in the Records Center that have met their required retention. A destruction form will be sent to each department that includes records due for destruction. *no records will be destroyed unless signed off on by the department*