March 18, 2020
Dear Sarpy County Taxpayers,
Due to the recent news of the rise of COVID-19, the Sarpy County Courthouse Administrative wing will be closed to all public visitors. I want all constituents to rest assured that our office and Sarpy County administration is doing everything within our power to provide a safe, efficient and sanitary experience to our taxpayers and their families.
The Sarpy County Treasurer’s Office staff will continue to work through this global pandemic, however we will change our process for the foreseeable future. Effective immediately, we will be unable to provide any services in person. We hope this temporary inconvenience is short lived and that we can resume normal business practices soon. The Sarpy County team will be updating courthouse status on a daily basis. Until further notice, if you have business to conduct with our office, you can use the following options::
* Motor Vehicle Registration and Renewal
– Customers can renew their registration without coming to the courthouse by going to sarpy.com
. Simply click on the “Vehicle Registration & Vehicle Renewal” icon on the homepage. You will be directed to the State of Nebraska DMV website, where you will enter all pertinent information. Please keep in mind that your renewal and “tags” will be mailed to you, so please allow enough time for them to arrive before the end of the month.
* Property Taxes
– Property taxes can be paid online. Go to Sarpy.com/Treasurer
, then click on “Pay Taxes.” You will fill in your parcel number and follow the prompts.
* New Vehicle Purchases, Out of State Transfers and Titling Services – If you purchased a vehicle, are transferring a vehicle from out of state or have other titling issues, you can submit them through the mail. We will process those as they come in, then send them back to you.
* Dealers – If you are an automotive dealer who does business with the county, please call our office and we will arrange a drop-off appointment for you.
**We have a new drop box!!! It is located in front of the main doors on the administration wing of the court house. You are able to drop off your motor vehicle and real estate business in this new box. We do check this box multiple times a day to make sure that we process your business as quickly as possible. **