Unclaimed Property

Sarpy County

402-471-8497, or toll free number 877-572-9688

The Nebraska State Treasurer, Unclaimed Property Division is responsible for returning money, stocks, bonds, dividends, utility deposits, vendor payments, gift certificates and insurance proceeds of any type to the rightful owners.

The State Treasurer's Office send us an updated list (January 2019) of people or organizations which had a Sarpy County address at the time the property was submitted to the State Treasurer.  This list may be viewed in Adobe at  list of Sarpy County unclaimed property.

It may also be viewed in EXCEL at list of Sarpy County unclaimed property. Be advised that opening it from the website in EXCEL takes about one minute so either save it to your computer or be patient.

If people see their names, and the dollar amount is under $500, they can call the State Treasurer's office of unclaimed property and State Treasurer' personnel can process the claim over the phone.  Claims over $500 require a notarized claim form and the documentation requested on the form.  The claim form can be printed from their website at unclaimed property claim form. The forms section is on the left side of the page.  There is no charge for this service. 

They also have a search engine which allows people to search the State Treasurer's database by last name or business name.  It is on their main page at Nebraska State Treasurer